Roger Bowman's Fitness & Wellness Coaching
1. Warm up for 5-10 minutes.
2. Practice good technique; this includes correct plane of motion, tempo & time under tension. Work the targeted muscle vs. just "moving weight".
3. Think twice and train smart if considering explosive/plyometric/power training... There is a higher risk of injury here vs. younger folks.
4. Listen to your body: Do not train through pain, work around it - be smart & listen.
5. Rotate exercise selection.
6. Be honest with yourself and set realistic expectations.
7. Prioritize great eating habits, learn basics of nutrient timing and "eat the rainbow".
8. Remember; If it grows out of the ground, off a tree, vine or lives off the land or in the water - it is probably good for you. If it comes in a box, bag or bottle and is made in a factory - It may not be a good choice.
9. Get blood work to check hormones. Incorporate smart supplementation if & when necessary.
#over40 #toledopersonaltrainer #agegracefully #fitrx #MasculineWellness #toledowellness #fitnessRx #healthRx